divendres, 13 de maig del 2016

Final reflection

It all comes to an end, and this is what my school life has done. It has come to an end. I have to say that from day one, I 've always wanted to improve, to learn and to recover, and although my early scholar life wasn't easy, I am really proud of who I am a few years later. In this post I'll reflect about my English progression, and I'd like you to be as surprised as I am now that I do this. Here is my first ever decent post:

"The kitesurfing is a sport that is growing up inside the watersports world. It's impressive for its huge jumps, its powerful tricks and its danger. Kitesurfing is a sport that was invented in "Nouvelle Calédonie", close to Australia. There a man thought that if kids used little kites for playing and with the strong winds they got blown away, he could use even bigger kites for pulling of his boat instead of rowing.
From that crazy experiment kitesurfing appeared. First it was used with surf boards for catching big waves, but later on, a new discipline appeared: the freestyle. At the beggining it was basically focused on huge jumps, board grabs and rotations. Then it evolved to the new school style that was completely amazing. From jumping big obstacles to powerful air manouvers like inverts or things like that. After a few years, the security increased and a new kind of style began to appear in the young crazy people. Tecnically it's not difficult, but you need balls to do this. This style is nmed "King of the air" and consists in jumping higher than your opponents. I'll post some vids about big air, new school and old school"


And here is the last one:

As I haven't been to many places, my sensitive imagination is confined to a few parameters which I'd like to include. Luckily my lack of imagination can be solved with a bit of expectation.

The place where  I'd like to be now, may not be special for many people but it would make me overwhelming happy to reach someday. I imagine myself alone somewhere in the deep rainforest. The sunlight is not able to reach the floor, because trees create an immense umbrella with their enormous leaves. I look small down here. Everything is bigger than I am. Nature makes me feel insignificant against all its power. This place is always wet, it rains quite often, but I don't need to protect myself from anything. Nature makes gifts that sometimes don't like blessings, but they all are a blessing in disguise. This place is completely equiped, I have all that I need for living. It's just necessary to take what you need, nothing else. It's not a place for living in. It's a place for living within.

This ideal place is just a primitive stage of living forms where harmony rises above competitiveness. A place like this is utopian, but it's known that most of us use dreams for living rather than real life. In fact it is such a simple dream, but it's harder to reach than some other complex status.





I feel really proud of my progresion, because I think that I have changed my communication way making it more mature, using connectors, phrasal verbs and specific vocabulary rather than "multi-use" words. I think that I could have taken more profit from the subject but I have done what each of us has done... Do the less you can for getting decent marks! But it's no time to regret now!

Thinking about oral presentations, I have to admit that I didn't start really well... In 4th ESO I felt really nervous each time I had to present something, and I decided to delete the videos in my blog because they were really embarrassing and I didn't want anybody to see them. So I won't be able to evaluate them. But I post my research project presentation which is the last one, and is really nice because I wasn't nervous and I felt really confident with my knowledge, so I did it the best I could and , in my opinion, It was really nice!!!

This was my first presentation talking about physics, I really enjoyed the way I spoke, because I could talk with a certain amount of fluency!! And without being nervous. If you have 5 minutes I'd like you to check it out and give some feedback.

 I have to choose my best oral production and my best writen one.  I'll say that my best oral one was the research paper presentation, and the best one I ever wrote could be the love essay composition I did together with my classmate Oriol:


The fact that we love has been something that has lead some men to madness. We actually think that we do so in a voluntary way, but, what if we do not? What if it controls us more than we think? This is something that might be discussed with the help of some scientific support.


It is completely true that the most powerful psychological pain source is love, but as Groucho Marx said once, “It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all”. Although this tragical effect, we seek out love. In an interview for the website “How stuff works?” professor Arthur Aron, from State University of New York, stated that one of our primary instincts is to try to be effective. The fact that we prove our effectiveness with relationships, is nothing but casual and common. So we have the impression that we all do so. The people who prove it this way, use to look for self-expansion. Being closed into your own being, may look selfish and difficult for yourself. So it is easier and more necessary to share your own charges with somebody who does so with you. It is a kind of pressure release.


But not everyone thinks that love is something positive. The oriental tradition, following Budha’s wisdom, considers love as something that might be avoided, because it is a temptation that perturbs your way to Nirvana. The peace of mind state. Well, it’s quite ironic. They have the highest reproductive ratio in the world with more than 3 children per pair. In the occidental world some of this negative ideas were introduced with Shopenhauer theories, but it seems like it is a more sentimental population. His theories were considered evil and perturbed, so they were completely rejected.


Maybe we should see it from an external point of view. Abraham Mazlow, a famous psychologist who completed part of Sigmund Freud’s theory, used to say that love is nothing but a final objective. Something that all men try to find in their essence for feeling like they had a fulfilled life.  


From a biological point of view,  we love because our hormones want us to do so. This is what uses to be called biological determinism, a less romantic view for the main reason of “Why do we love?”, which doesn’t really allow to introduce the feeling concept. Dopamine is released when we are love-stuck, and it produces a high-intense pleasure effect and produce similars. It is the base of the most common drugs (dopamine release), so we could say that love is a drug from the biological point of view. But the issue is: Is it the real reason? Do we love for having that feeling or it’s casual?


All these arguments have a common point, which is that they try to look for a basic origin. Something which is the essence of all our actions and allows us to talk about love mechanics. But maybe, we are looking for answers that we already know.


For having better conclusions, we think that each of us has to exteriorize his opinions without the pressure of the other one above himself. So this is what we are going to do.


Oriol Canet: Possibly, we love because it’s in our nature to reproduce and guarantee the survival of mankind, it’s like an aim, and we look for our perfect partner to reach that aim. It’s like a gut feeling that drives us to another person. But this gut feeling sometimes could be controlled, I mean, you can force yourself to love or not to love somebody. Is strange, but it could pass.


But, if I’m not wrong about how do we love, how homosexuals love? Because homosexual couples couldn’t reproduce in a natural way, and they fall in love as heterosexual couples. So this argument is not valid because it couldn’t explain homosexual love.


In a platonic way, we love somebody because we think that it’s the best copy of the idea of beauty and grow a “strange” feeling inside ourselves that drives us crazy for that person.


But it’s impossible to find the only reason of why do we love, because depends on a lot of facts. So, there isn’t only one reason, it’s a combination of the reasons explained, although stands out the human necessity to reproduce.



Pau Bosch: In my opinion love is something that works as a smoke curtain for our minds. Maybe it’s quite more evident with a graphical example. Imagine you have a relationship with somebody, isn’t it difficult to find defects to that person? The answer is yes. Everything is so perfect. But if something goes wrong and you both split up, everything you see are problems and defects. In my opinion, love is the filter that has avoided your conscience to notice all those defects during a period of time. Making you happiness transitory and weak, your pain long and resistant, because most of us tend to think on that theory “This was a big mistake”. So why suffering in this way? Why not stopping doing this?


It’s not our instinct, of course no. We have controlled them for ages. Do we attack other people while we walk on a crowded street? We are meant to be hostile and aggressive using our primate instinct, but we control it. We don’t like suffering either, it’s not effective from a biological point of view, but we love anyways.


Before exposing my theory about love, I’d like to say that sometimes I may look more sceptic with this topic than I am, so I expect this little theory to stay in this document, right? (Just for embarrassment).


Well, there it goes:

In my opinion, love is quite a mystical force that has the power to act as an engine. If you stop the world for a moment, you can see than  all that is being done is nothing but a consequence of love. If you see somebody helping is for love. If you see another person killing is for love to something that is against the one that is being murdered. Everything has a love original cause. So when we talk about loving another person, we only talk about one of the applications of love. The pain we feel is for love, the happiness as well. So there is no other way to do things than loving. So this is the conclusion for why do we love. We have no other chance to exist. Maybe Descartes was wrong in a word: “I love, then I exist.”


I choose this one because is the most elaborated one. I spent hours working on small details to make it better and I have used a little piece of everything I have learned. So, for me, is the best one.



Looking further and forward, I'm focused now on PAU exams that will determine if I will be able to do what I love (for those who haven't read this blog, I want to study physics in Barcelona) or not. I'm quite nervous, excited, scared and overwhelming happy at the same time and I have to calm down if I want to give the best of me in those exams. I think I can, but I need to work hard. Let's hope I can do this

Officially, this is the last post you'll read from me. 3 years since I started this webpage. Years of joy, happiness, stress and suicidal tendencies while posting my compositions the deadline day, but definitely the best ones until now. You can't imagine how nostalgic I feel now that I'm in the last point. All those laughing moments, the amazing people I've met. I'll miss this, but I have to look further!  

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada